Photo: Caters News Agency
Georgi Readman, an 18-year-old teenager from the Island of Wight, England survives only on cheap instant noodles, because she is afraid to eat other foods. The young hairdressing student goes through about 30 miles of noodles every year.
IMAGINE A NIGERIAN ON INDOMIE DIET… LOL
Georgi Readman got hooked on instant noodles when she was just five years old, after watching her older brother eat them, but they became her only source of nutrition after suffering a case of severe food poisoning at age eight. From that point on she couldn’t bring herself to eat any fruits or vegetables, and only occasionally diversified her diet with small bits of potatoes and chicken. Whenever she goes out shopping, Georgi’s mom always stocks up on 11p (¢16) packs of M Savers chicken noodles, because that’s the only brand she’s sure her daughter will eat. Any other kind of noodles might have green bits in them, so she would have to sieve them first. ”I always fancy noodles and could easily eat two packets at once. I’ve even eaten them dry and uncooked before,” Readman says. She has always been a fussy eater, but ever since her food poisoning as a child, Georgi claims she goes into a panic, sweats and starts heaving whenever she tries to swallow any fruits or vegetables.
Selective Eating Disorder has become more frequent in recent years, with cases of people eating only junk foods like pizza or potato chips and putting themselves at risk of anemia or other more serious conditions associated with lack of vitamins, iron or calcium. Most SED sufferers will only eat around 10 types of foods, but in extreme cases such as Georgi’s they’ll stick to just one or two.
Source: Parent Dish
- Teenager who will only eat noodles munches her way through 30 MILES every year (mirror.co.uk)
- Teenage Girl Has Been on a Noodle-Only Diet for 11 Years (odditycentral.com)
- Use Your Noodle: The Importance of Whole Foods in the Prepper’s Pantry (dprogram.net)
- Noodle-junki (nation.com.pk)
- Student lives on diet of instant noodles (digitalspy.co.uk)
- teen eats 30 miles of instant noodles each year (thescottishsun.co.uk)
- teen eats 30 miles of instant noodles each year (thesun.co.uk)
- 7th April,2013 (mizahana.wordpress.com)