David Playpenz lost a finger and part of his hand after a motorcycle accident, but instead of simply throwing away the amputated digit, he took it home, cooked and ate it, and even kept the bones as a souvenir.
Surgeons told Playpenz they had to amputate one of his fingers after it turned black following a motorcycle accident. The man from Colchester, Essex asked doctors if he could take it home with him after the procedure and they had no objections. David says that he had always been curious about cannibalism and what human flesh would taste like, but the fact that going around eating another person’s meat is illegal, he had never actually satisfied his curiosity. Only now he had his own finger to munch on, and when it finally occurred to him that no one would be able to drag him to court for consuming his own flesh, he decided to eat it and keep the bones as a souvenir. But curiosity wasn’t the only reason that convinced Playpenz to go through with his bizarre plan. “I know it sounds mad, but it wasn’t just the curiosity. That finger was a big bit of me, too big a bit to lose,” he told love it!magazine. “I decided that, if I ate the flesh and kept the bones, then I wouldn’t be losing part of me.”
After two days of recovery, David went into the kitchen and cooked his finger. To make sure he didn’t damage the bones, he opted to boil the digit instead of frying or roasting it, and didn’t season it with salt or sauce because he wanted to taste the meat’s real flavor. After telling his friends about his unusual meal, Dave admits he got mixed reactions. A couple said they thought it was disgusting, while a vegan friend approved of the experiment because he had his own permission to do it, whereas animals never give they’re consent to be eaten. Playpenz assured everyone that eating his own finger hasn’t turned him into a serial cannibal the likes of Hannibal Lecter. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience that he never plans on repeating. He is keeping the bones in a box, as a souvenir.
Dave even posted a photo of the cooked finger on his Facebook profile, but I didn’t want to ruin your appetite even more by posting it here. If you’re tat curious you can check it out for yourself.
- Oddlife: Meet a Prolific Pencil Sharpener (djfinal.wordpress.com)
- Man Cooks and Eats His Own Finger After Losing It in an Accident (odditycentral.com)
- ODDLIFE: Ultimate Privacy – The House Built in the Middle of a River (djfinal.wordpress.com)
- Oddlife: Teenage Girl Survives on Noodles Diest for 11years (djfinal.wordpress.com)
- Oddlife: Crocodiles As Watchdogs in Thailand? (djfinal.wordpress.com)
- meet man who ate his own finger (thesun.co.uk)
- ODDLIFE: EYEBALL SCRAPING – The Vanishing Trade Practiced by Sichuan Barbers (djfinal.wordpress.com)
- ODDLIFE: EYEBALL SCRAPING – The Vanishing Trade Practiced by Sichuan Barbers (osogbo360.wordpress.com)
- Bullshit In The News! (topiclessbar.wordpress.com)
- Motorcycle Accident Slows Traffic Along I-70 (wibw.com)